|Item type:||Weapon (Sniper Rifle)|
|Reload time:||2.4 seconds|
|Accepted attachment(s):||Sight, Tactical|
|Default attachment(s):||7x Zoom Scope|
|Chambered in:||Xtrmin Magazine|
|Inventory description:||Chambered in xtrmin ammunition.|
|Additional notes:||Has a built-in suppressor / flash hider.|
How to ObtainEdit
The Matamorez is found in 8 locations, which are mostly mixed with civilian locations. These locations are; the S.S Haven, the compound in Holman Island, Kensington Campground, the military box in the barricaded house in Montague, the air traffic control tower in Belfast Airport, the town and the lighthouse in Summerside Peninsula, and at the Gun Store in Burywood.
- Its damage-per-shot is very high, on par with that of the Crossbow and Compound Bow, and it is capable of killing a military zombie with a headshot.
- It spawns with a rare 7x scope attached by default.
- It has a high-quality, built-in suppressor / flash hider that is quieter than a Muffler and the standard Suppressor, making it a weapon of choice for stealthy operations.
- It has a very long effective range, topped only by the Timberwolf and the assault rifles.
- Only one box of civilian bullets is required to refill its magazine.
- The Matamorez is the only automatic sniper rifle in the game, making it effective at picking off large groups of enemies at long range.
- It is quite efficient with ammo, beating the Lapua Magazine and the NATO/Savage Magazine for military zombie kills per ammo box. (10 kills, vs. 8 and 7.5)
- The Matamorez and its magazines are very rare, only spawning in militia locations.
- Like the Zubeknakov, its coloration makes it very easy to spot.
- It is very heavy, being the third-heaviest firearm in the game, though it is still lighter than its counterpart, the Timberwolf.
- It has high recoil.
- The Matamorez is based on the VSS Vintorez sniper rifle, a Russian suppressed sniper rifle manufactured in the late 1980s. It was primarily used for the Spetsnaz units for undercover operations. The VSS Vintorez, however, holds up to 20 rounds and can be fired in semi auto, unlike the Matamorez.
- The Matamorez was named after Lars.
- It is the only automatic sniper rifle in the game.
- It is also the heaviest militia firearm in the game.
- In the update of 2.0.9 the vertical grip clips through the gun barrel, along with the bipod and the bayonet.