|| Weapon (Bow)
|| 150 meters
|| 3.2 seconds
|| 1 round(s)
|| Sight, Tactical
|| 6x Zoom Scope
|| Silent. Can be fired from the hip.
The Crossbow is a rare weapon found in rural areas. It uses Arrows as ammunition and only holds 1 arrow at a time. It spawns with the 6x Zoom Scope pre-attached by default.
How to obtainEdit
The Crossbow is found in 3 locations. These locations are; Wiltshire Farm, Fernwood Farm and the S.S Haven.
Weapon Pros and ConsEdit
- Very high damage-per-shot, and it is capable of killing even military zombies with a headshot.
- Unlike the Longbow and Compound Bow, it can be fired immediately from the hip after being reloaded.
- It uses a common type of ammunition that can be crafted using similarly common materials.
- It is relatively lightweight, as is its ammunition, making it much more inventory-efficient than the Matamorez or Timberwolf.
- Its projectiles are Hitscan, meaning they will hit their targets instantly.
- Its arrows can be retrieved if they hit inanimate objects.
- It is a silent weapon.
- It has no recoil.
- It allows tactical and sight attachments, greatly increasing its effective range.
- It spawns with a detachable 6x scope, reducing the need to hunt for attachments.
- It can only hold a single arrow at a time, making it ineffective against groups and at shorter ranges.
- It has an even slower rate of fire than the Compound Bow or Longbow, further limiting its effectiveness in close-quarters, and making it a very risky weapon to use against other players.
- It is the rarest type of bow.
- Though it is still much lighter than assault or sniper rifles, it is heavier than the comparable Compound Bow and is thus inferior in terms of weight efficiency.
- It has the shortest effective range of any bow.
- The Crossbow is one of the three weapons that uses Arrows as ammunition, the others being the Longbow and the Compound Bow.
- The Crossbow is based on the real life modern compound crossbow.
- The 6x Zoom Scope it spawns with can be detached and mounted on another weapon.
- A crossbow in real life wouldn't actually use arrows, but rather bolts.
The crossbow on hand while modifying.
A survivor wielding the crossbow, with a Vertical Grip